I'm running for mayor because we need to build a better Tower Hamlets that works for everyone.
49% of our children live in poverty.
We live in the shadows of the City yet have second highest unemployment rate in London.
Why is it that if you are born in Tower Hamlets you are expected to live 5 fewer years than someone born in the City of London?
This can’t go on. It is time for a change with local people leading the way.
If elected mayor I will:
- Make sure that there are affordable homes for working families
- Deliver new local facilities such as more GPs and better local transportation needed to support our community.
- Create apprenticeships that pay the London Living Wage
- Save £1.5m by scrapping the council newspaper
- Have zero tolerance on corruption
As a regulator I have held banks to account, and supported those who fell victim to the scandals of payday lenders. I’ve also worked as a youth worker helping get young people back into education and into work.
I know what needs to be done and how hard it can be. But I also know that I can deliver for our community.
A vote for me is a vote for a better Tower Hamlets.